Saturday, August 29

I'm sucking on your sagging tits of mercy...

...this line popped up in my mind when I gave notice to quit my job just yesterday.
At 6:30 AM I roll in with a beat up Ford pick-up truck,
she rolls out whenever she wants in her Mercedes Benz.
Twelve hours later I leave.
That was my day.

She cares little what I did - or did not do that day.
She is all about protocol, procedure, inherited traditions
Beyond her written memos all stays blank
Creativity is doomed to recipes of frozen foods
Did you follow each step by step?
Now see, you did good, yes you did!

I gave notice to leave, until they can find
an other one who can suck the sagging tits of mercy
and drool upon lost droplets of grayish milk
__________________________________________________________________________

of course the above is the "dramatic" version; the people in question are actually very fine people - just couldn't stand the vibes anymore from the only four (no man) running the place, their mental state - or should I say instability - have a range from bi-polar manic depressive to borderline Alzheimer's . If the "caretakers" are such, it makes it less enjoyable to take care of the actual "tenants" who are shizophrenic and live on heavy drugs and love alone.
I will find a new job now.

3 comments:

Seraphine said...

i'm sorry zee.
at least you can express your frustration in your blog. its good to let it out.
for what its worth, i think places like that thrive on procedure and protocol, because to do otherwise would invite lawsuits and regulatory scrutiny. but also, sometimes it becomes a perverted way for people to have power and control for its own sake.
if it made you unhappy, you were exactly right in leaving.
they are losing a great guy.

ANNA-LYS said...

Tråkig erfarenhet!

Tyvärr är det alltid den personal som de verkligen behöver som lämnar skutan.

Hoppas du funnit ett bättre arbete för din kreativa själ.

(( Klem ))

lindsaylobe said...

I trust you find some suitable creative work to re-energize your spirit.
best wishes