Saturday, November 27

versus

Keep the old mysterious inheritance
And add the becoming self-reliance
In inner soul spheres, it rejuvenates
And should awaken strength towards all of what is presently in demand
My outer practical work is life,
And that is what impregnates my path today, that is my present whereabouts and also my task.
Rudolf Steiner (Wochenspruch)  


With all the convoluted and kind of sometimes unpractical suggestions and presentations, I do like Rudolf Steiner's straight forward thinking and approach. A mystic in some ways, perhaps an initiate. The point is, that he scattered around initiatives and concrete suggestions of how to improve your meditative life without the help of an external "guru". His aim was clearly that you become "self-reliant". Of course, most Anthroposophists (lacked the genius) to follow such a path (is this nasty to put it so arrogantly this way?) Nevertheless, a seed was planted by him and it might take yet an other generation for fair results to appear.


My own path is going to change "subito" as well, in three days I will change once again location and job. I am looking very much forward to do this, though I do have to admit that I am a just a little bit nervous - "stage fright" you could say...


As I write this there is snow, it's beautiful and calm. What a blessing. The world finally (in my eyes) puts on a protective coat.  











4 comments:

susan said...

I think it would be a better thing if all children had the advantage of Waldorf schooling. He had an ingenious ability of logically identifying the developmental needs of children. Who knows what a whole society might look like had we all been brought up that way?

Are you moving to a new place as well as a new job? I wish you well. The picture from your window is beautiful.

Seraphine said...

ice protectively coats ice
mountains of ice
peaks cols timber-lines
glaciers are born
self-reliant crevices
what chance have we?

best wishes, zee.

Anonymous said...

Being so far from well read, I haven't heard of the Anthroposophists, but I have studied and practiced a good bit in the area of meditation, and I really like what Mr. Steiner has to say there.

Snow's like a quieting, unifying blanket, much missed here in TX. Enjoy.

And if I may offer, relax about the transition. After all, you will be there. Right?
(Easy to say. I'm always nervous about a new job ;-)

lindsaylobe said...

I love that poem by Steiner of his wisdom.
Here are just a few lines from me
Amor fati let all fears depart
Energy and faith live on
Teacher’s wisdom
Fall upon you
Symmetry