Tuesday, May 9

My dear students



Besides carving and sculpting, we also enjoy the spring, the flowers and the trees.
It is funny, there are plenty posts out there on blogs and else-wise describing the insanity of present political nuisance. But for some miraculous reason I don't feel affected these days. May the Iranians split atoms and enrich Uranium to their hearts desire, I don't really care anymore, nor should idiot Bush.
Creating perpetual fear amongst people is more vicious to humanity than letting loose an other "Chernobyl".
Destruction with nukes is one thing, eliminations of free spirited minds - quite an other...

_________________________________

Again and Again

Again and again, however we know the landscape of love
and the little churchyard there, with its sorrowing names,
and the frighteningly silent abyss into which the others
fall: again and again the two of us walk out together
under the ancient trees, lie down again and again
among the flowers, face to face with the sky.

Rainer Maria Rilke

9 comments:

Granny said...

I think you're right and not only as it refers to politics and the world at large.

Unknown said...

it is a freaky coincidence!

Zee said...

freaky is about right -
So let me not freak out about the trash at my doorstep or my neighbor's doorstep.
Let me instead suck in the sweet perfume
that flowers on trees evaporating for free,
and free my thoughts of piles of waste,
stuff that nobody wants to recycle anymore, even if it were mandatory.

Fouad said...

wow... beautiful

Gary said...

Beautiful thoughts and words Zee. A single blossom on that tree has enough beauty to distract me from my man-made mindful world.

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

calamity said...

a qwuestion again: what's that tree? it's so beautiful

Zee said...

I believe it is some kind of Magnolia tree, but I can't be 100% sure --- Calamity!

calamity said...

yea i don't think it's a magnolia, we have a magnolia on our backyard and it doeasn't look anything like this.