Tuesday, March 31


No big or large stories today. You all know what is going on, either in your personal life, or the global community.
On my own threshold I do something that could be described as micro-management. What is that? Well, I got my new job taking care of war veterans. That is one aspect. Besides of working 12 hour shifts three times a week, the employment is brilliant. What makes it work so well, is that the staff, the boss and the "resident clients" are wonderful people. So, despite the fact that my pay is a third of what I used to earn, I am content.
And so, as long as I get by somehow and find people who are able to put a smile on my face once in a while, the world and my work is a good place to embrace. Hovering here still around freezing temperatures, but crocuses on the lawn saw the day of light.

The bitching and moaning about politics, the postings of sensual ladies, the updates of real time musical jams, the serious contemplations of environmental issues, poems and such - and don't forget, the mundane, will continue. Don't worry, just stick around.

I wish you all a good week (speaking on Tuesday, my day off)

6 comments:

susan said...

I'm glad to see you're feeling better and the job does sound good. Many years ago my husband and I both decided to work in medicine because it felt right. I'm not around patients much anymore but I do get their insurance companies to allow them necessary treatment and my husband is an OR tech at a children's hospital where he's loved by the kids (It's mutual).

Happy Spring, Zee.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things have settled down for you and you are finding the work satisfying. Spring on it's way for you ... sadly the opposite for us - though it is not cold here yet. That looks a fine collection ... Book Fairs are a big thing here - I'm sure all those books will get recycled one day.

Zee said...

Thanks for the happy spring wishes Susan. I am dying to have spring now.

Aggie ...as long as the books don't get buried or burned, I'll be happy. There are a few jewels amongst them. By the way, did you ever secured the Hawks Bay lot, maybe now, in the fall, is the time to think about it in seriousness.

gfid said...

thanks for the flowers. still 2 feet of snow on my yard.... sigh. i sweet talked a friend who had an empty basement into starting a library... and promptly moved all my bookshelves and books, and a nice area rug, into it. now i don't have to worry about finding a safe place for them while i'm in limbo, and i know they've gone to a good home.

gfid said...

oh, and blessings @ the job. there are things that mean more than a big paycheck. think of it as an opportunity to to be more green by spending less green ;0)

Seraphine said...

i love seeing what other people treasure. your shelves show a richness of music and knowledge (duden? i might have read something of his once. the name is sooo familiar. i had forgotten the name until i saw it on your shelf).
it says much about you that a .pdf file or twitter could never show.