Monday, December 1

alternate ambitions


Natalie Portman and Hillary posing. Pico the dog I'm dog-sitting, showing off. All three are females no doubt. One is elected to be the Secretary of State by Obama today. The other is a fine actress with "fame" all written over her, and the last one is Pico, a girl that hunts moles and squirels.
They have one thing in common - they all
are ambitious, hunting down the avenues of glory and adventure by avoiding to become prey themselves.
I just hope, that Hillary Clinton does not fall into the trap of "power-management" as Secretary of State. She is a tough cookie and an intelligent person. Nevertheless, most of the troubles aching US politics are framed in the Middle East (and now also the Far East). A woman will have a tough time to sit down with Arab leaders. Their culture is not very woman-friendly, tea maybe, but no diplomatic concessions. So, I wish all these woman good luck as they hunt Bin Laden, moles or fame.

On a personal note, I cleaned up major parts of my studio, eradicated trash and tidbits on my work bench, did a few other things that help me to breathe. So maybe, sculpting and carving will become my "Christmas passion"....

P.S.
Don't you think Natalie is sort of gorgeous, the Hippie Tree Huger from Hollywood? Ah, nevermind...

8 comments:

Equilibrio Global said...

I do think Natalie Portman is kind of gorgeous, Zee :)

Cym said...

Hillary on the other hand has kind of a crazy look in her eyes...sort of looks like a rabid dog salivating over a new toy...

Anonymous said...

I can't really comment on American Politicians ... they have nothing to do with us ... or movie stars for that matter. We don't celebrity worship down here. Also females don't really do much for me in terms of "looks appeal."
The dog is cute however! Have fun with the Christmas passions.

Anonymous said...

i've done what hillary is doing. especially when the sun is very bright, i try to open my eyes wider because i don't look good squinting. when i do that, however, i get that same wild-eyed look that hillary does.
yes natalie and pico are both cute. in a tree hugger, fire-hydrant sniffing way.

Anonymous said...

www.hillaryseyes.com

Zee said...

Before Sunrise
Maybe Natalie should be secretary of state instead of Hillary. Diplomatic persuasion with a gentle female touch...

Cym
..."salivating over a new toy" ??
That's funny. Between you and me, Hillary scares me somewhat.

Aggie
Just because you live in Paradise, at least as close as it comes on Earth, you still will not be spared by the doings and not doings of the USA.
I was actually a bit taken aback when I was in NZ to see small strip-malls popping up here and there, just like in the Americas...

Seraphine
As often, I am at a loss of words by your comment. You are both funny and serious, rubbing in a kernel of truth wherever you can.

Zee said...

Looks like a pretty funny link, Anon

gfid said...

hillary always looks manic and tense to me....sort of over-cafeinated.... natalie and pico, on the other hand, look much more relaxed.