Wednesday, December 10


I look at my kale and cabbage plants who are still sort of alive after several deep freezes. Problem is, I am tired of eating those greens. There is just so much you can handle.
The weather has been weird in Upper Hudson Valley of New York. Yesterday mild and springlike weather, today pouring rats and ass like crazy, gradually turning into sleet and snow. Tomorrow a snowstorm is in the forecast. Lots of it!
Was at a jury selection for a second degree murder case the last two days. Fortunately I was tossed out of the pool of jurors in the second round because I personally knew the defense-lawyer. Made me to be too biased I guess. I am glad though, my nerves don't assimilate brutality and gory details well these days.
You know, I had in mind to write something about the billions going to the big car companies again, but now I lost interest in it while I was rambling about my own surroundings.
So, this is a meager post, not much content, something you can fly over quickly and then dismiss it. And now, I am going back to carving...

6 comments:

Ingrid said...

there was frozen sleet on my cabbages..no problem so far..tonight we'll have an actual freeze but like with you up north, our weather is weird and unpredictable..I did not grow kale etc this year although I do have a mustard green in there somewhere but never eaten anything like it[g]
hopefully my herbs are doing well, those you can always use (sages, oreganos, dill)..and I picked some of my salads and radishes..

Ingrid

Anonymous said...

The weather seems very unpredictable everywhere these days. I hope you find some nice alternative veges to see you through the big freeze.
The billions to those car companies is just a waste of $ I think.

Anonymous said...

it's time for a professional jury. not for everything, i like the idea of a "volunteer" jury for most things, but for serious cases (like murder) and technical cases (patent disputes) or especially-lengthy cases, i'd like to see a paid jury of experts and people who have the time to sit on such cases. It's silly to expect an average citizen to spend two weeks or a month on a complicated trial without being paid for it.
and i think the loser of a lawsuit should pay for the cost of the trial.

Zee said...

Ha, interesting Ingrid!
The sage and the oregano will do just fine over the winter. If you are worried, cover them with evergreen branches or just leaves...

Zee said...

Aggie -
congress just tossed the bill out to rescue the big car companies with billions. Maybe that's a good thing. Perhaps they will reinvent themselves now.

Zee said...

They actually did a pretty good job, Sera.
There was a pool of 64 people to start with, went down to 40, came down to 21 (when I got tossed out) and the remaining 12 (actually 14 with the "reserve-jurors") turned out to be good selection.
But you are right, the compensation stinks. In NY state it is $40 a day, hardly an amount to pay your rent...