Friday, March 31

Do you remember Julia, the stone carving woman and her companion Lawsonson? Anyhow, she came by the other day and brought a bunch of driftwood she picked up from beaver-dams near by. She said: Isn't it fascinating how these animals are such awesome carvers? Then we arranged the pieces on a table and Julia thereafter started to put her own imprints on a peace of wood (no picture). I really am excited to carve something, she said...
Excellent! I was not aware that beavers could inspire people to start carving until now. And so it goes. Julia has been accepted at Harvard (from all places) and an other college I can't remember (somewhere in Pennsylvania) to study Landscape Design.
Maybe the beavers got her a head start ...

3 comments:

JuBlue said...

You came, you griped, I changed my blog. Now you have to change your link back again. But you asked for that.

And so it goes.

Progressive Traditionalist said...

I met a fellow in Texas (Alvin, greater Houston area) that did stuff with driftwood. His pieces were basically finished art as he found them, but he arranged them with other elements.
There's a place in Florida (Hammock, right outside of Palm Coast on A1A) where there's an outdoor exhibit of driftwood pieces. These pieces have exceptional carving. Some bronzes of some of the pieces. Sorry, but I can't remember the name of the place. As I remember, it's 3 artists there.

lauren said...

Random thought: The number one cause of death for beavers is falling trees. Huh.