Friday, August 1

episodes of dual entities

Lennon was wrong.
"Imagine" is not enough to save anything of value.
Lennon was wrong because he kept deducting from the equation until nothing was left to take away, you then end up with absolute zero content.
"I might be a dreamer", but there are different kinds of them...
"Living life in peace, aha -" very cute.
Paul's answer to peace and love was: "I wanna hold your hands" - better choice! And he didn't got shot dead for it either.
The Beatles still fascinate me now and then, a pivotal point of pop-culture in their times, still valid today.
Paul and John were the perfect twin. Once they had separated, the magic bond got broken. Paul grew a beer-belly and put out mediocre songs of overproduced stuff, and John was sitting in his living room in Manhattan with Yoko, recording these under-produced boring Lennonescian lullabies.

What does this have to do with
Barrack Obama and John McCaine?
Absolutely nothing. They are just jet an other odd twin couple, and once they are separated, mean little to the common man.

"Live or let die" (Wings, Paul McCartney, song for the James Bond movie) sums that dualism up, and resembles McCaine's philosophy.

I don't know what Lennon would have said, because he is dead.
Maybe it would be, "you better run for your life, little girl - hide your head in the sand, little girl...
Is that Obama's philosophy?

We will never know, because for three decades the House of the Bushes and the House of the Clinton's ruled this merry country.

Time for a change, Obama declares in return. Very well, just don't you get yourself shot in the process, hit by bullets like all of the Kennedy's before your time.

Dualism is a tedious and obnoxious concept.
It is about time that we have at least three ore more viable parties participating in the USA.
After all, we claim to be "the" Democracy, not "that" Duocracy!

6 comments:

Cym said...

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”

“A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.”

“A society that will trade a little liberty for a little order will lose both, and deserve neither”

“I have no fear that the result of our experiment will be that men may be trusted to govern themselves without a master.”

~Thomas Jefferson quotes

Anonymous said...

...I think that in the Americas we believe too much in the president figure...

not the case on most Euro Countries

Zee said...

Cym, it is great to see these Jefferson quotes again... and again!

Zee said...

Reverb, smooth surfing I hope!
Yes, you are correct. Personality cult is the demon of the US, maybe also in some of the other Americas.

Ingrid said...

Zee..finally I get in without too much trouble..somehow the beatles pic messed it up for my computer.. never mind..it must be 'my computer'...[g]
I have been ignoring politics believe it or not. Like you, I have my moments that I tire off it and I see how McCain is putting out ridiculous attack ads..I'm not missing much..
we don't have cable anyway..and I haven't watched much tv..

so good to see you posting again..are you back on the mainland?

Ingrid

Zee said...

Yes Ingrid, I am back on the mainland.As for news, they are disturbingly non-substantial. But maybe I am just getting old and tired.